Mickey Mouse Trike
6 Tips for Choosing a Good, Safe Mickey Mouse Trike
A Mickey Mouse trike is the perfect way to introduce your child to riding! Seeing a child on a tricycle for the first time is one of the happiest moments for parents. Since Mickey Mouse is a timeless icon, beloved by children and adults of all ages, a Mickey Mouse tricycle is the perfect gift. Let your little one learn how to ride on a Disney themed trike, with features such as a bell and a Mickey Mouse logo.
Some trikes are made with old-school features and some are completely modern and ergonomic. Which type would be appropriate for your little boy or girl? Dont just choose something just because it features Mickey Mouse. You need to consider factors such as safety and convenience as well.
Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect Mickey Mouse trike:
1. Make sure you choose the right size for your child. Most tricycles are adjustable, but you should still make sure that the one you choose will be appropriate for your little ones height. Adjust the seat until he/she is able to touch the ground with flat feet.
2. Consider the wheels. For outside riding, rubber wheels are safer than plastic wheels. For indoors, plastic tires are okay, just as long as they are blow-molded. The frame should be durable, and preferably made out of steel. Chrome pedals with rubber fraction are ideal.
3. What additional features do you think your child will need? How about a rear storage bin? A Mickey Mouse bell? Some Mickey Mouse trike models even have built-in radios! Children can listen to Mickey Mouse talking or singing while riding around. Dont have a lot of storage room? Get a folding trike!
4. How detailed do you want the design to be? Some tricycles feature Mickey Mouse by himself. Some also feature his pals. There are pink tricycles featuring Minnie Mouse. If you want something simple, you could go with a black, yellow, and red trike. These are Mickey Mouses colors after all.
5. Make sure that the trike is well put together. There should be no loose nuts or bolts. The handlebars and steering mechanism should be designed so that your child cant pinch his/her fingers. All of the parts should be durable and able to withstand bumps. You dont want to have the Mickey Mouse trike repaired every time it bumps up against something.
6. Dont forget the safety accessories such as the helmet and knee pads! Smaller children may have trouble pedaling at first. A good helmet and set of knee pads are just as important as the Mickey Mouse trike itself.
These tips will help you choose a safe, cute Mickey Mouse trike for your little one!